Shopping Cart

Close

No products in the cart.

Filter

close
Sign up  to be a Beta Tester 🚀

Greg Martens

First Concert Attended:

My first concert was KISS in Augusta, ME in 1976. I was 13. I went with Scott Pike, who had a car and was old enough to buy me beer.

Favorite Concert Memory:

Best story — and I’ll make it short. I was taken to Vince Welnick’s dressing room with the Grateful Dead in 1992 in Oakland. Someone suggested that this was where I could come every night to roll joints, so I did.

It wasn’t enough for me just to be in the dressing room. Vince was playing a bunch of Beatles songs, and I kept nagging him and nagging him: ‘You’ve gotta play “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.”’

I’d bring friends back at set break to meet Vince, and my friends were like, ‘Man, ease up on him.’ And I’d say, ‘That’s not how you get anything done — by easing up.’

So one night Vince said, ‘Well, I don’t have the sheet MUSIC.’ So I went and got it the next day and gave it to him. I said, ‘Now you have to play it.’

And on St. Patrick’s Day 1993 in Landover, Maryland, they brought out a music stand for Jerry. and I always wondered if that was my sheet music on it — that's the first time they ever played “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.”

So yes, I got the Grateful Dead to play “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.” LSD.

by
  • Blogs
    Profile photo of Greg Martens

    Greg Martens posted a new post. a year ago

    a year ago

    moe. Concert Poster
    moe. 
    @ The Fillmore
    San Francisco, CA
    September 27, 1997
    Designed by Frank Ryan
    13″ x 19″
    F-292
    The Fillmore is a historic music venue in San Francisco, California.
    The original owner of […]

    Share
  • Blogs
    Profile photo of Greg Martens

    Greg Martens posted a new post. a year ago

    a year ago

    Warren Haynes Concert Poster
    Warren Haynes & The Ashes And Dust Band
    Jonathan Tyler
    @ The Fillmore
    San Francisco, CA
     March 25, 2016
    Designer: Matt Loomis
    13″ x 19″
    F-1403
    The Fillmore is a historic music […]

    Share
  • Blogs
    Profile photo of Greg Martens

    Greg Martens posted a new post. a year ago

    a year ago

    Grateful Dead Dreams Poster
    Dead Dreams 
    A Grateful Dead Dance & Party
    Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the 1st Dead New Year’s Eve Show At The Fillmore
    DJ Rob Bleetstein
    @ The Fillmore
    San […]

    Share
  • Blogs
    Profile photo of Greg Martens

    Greg Martens posted a new post. a year ago

    a year ago

    Dispatch Concert Poster
    Dispatch
    @ The Fillmore
    San Francisco, CA
     November 30 – December 1, 2017
    Designer: Matthew Fleming
    13″ x 19″
    F-1538
    Original First Printing!
    The Fillmore is a historic music venue in […]

    Share
  • Blogs
    Profile photo of Greg Martens

    Greg Martens posted a new post. a year ago

    a year ago

    Phil Lesh Concert Poster
    Soul Brains, Phil Lesh & Friends, Insane Clown Posse, Bob Marley Days, Carleton, Toots & The Maytals, Ky-mani Marley, Face To Face, Roni Size & Repazents, Less Than Jake
    @ […]

    Share
  • Blogs
    Profile photo of Greg Martens

    Greg Martens posted a new post. a year ago

    a year ago

    Zero Concert Poster
    Zero 
    Nuts
    Jamboy
    @ The Fillmore
    San Francisco, CA
    August 16 – 17, 1996
    Designed by Lee Conklin
    13″ x 19″
    F-233
    The Fillmore is a historic music venue in San Francisco, […]

    Share
  • Blogs
    Profile photo of Greg Martens

    Greg Martens posted a new post. a year ago

    a year ago

    Ratdog Concert Poster
    Ratdog
    Susan James
    @ The Fillmore
    San Francisco, CA
    February 2 -3, 1998
    Designed by Jay Newby
    13″ x 19″
    F-306
    The Fillmore is a historic music venue in San Francisco, […]

    Share
  • Blogs
    Profile photo of Greg Martens

    Greg Martens posted a new post. a year ago

    a year ago

    Strangefolk Concert Poster
    Strangefolk 
    @ The Fillmore
    San Francisco, CA
    October 3, 1998
    Designed by Dave Huckins
    13″ x 19″
    F-342
    The Fillmore is a historic music venue in San Francisco, California.
    The […]

    Share
  • Blogs
    Profile photo of Greg Martens

    Greg Martens posted a new post. a year ago

    a year ago

    String Cheese Incident Concert Poster
    String Cheese Incident
    @ Warfield
    San Francisco, CA
    March 8 – 10, 2001
    Designed by Jeff Peterson
    13″ x 19″
    BGP-255
    Original First Printing!
    The Warfield is a 2250 person […]

    Share
  • Activity
    -1 HOF Point for remove an activity post 1 time
    Share
  • Activity
    -1 HOF Point for remove an activity post 1 time
    Share
  • Activity
    -1 HOF Point for remove an activity post 1 time
    Share
  • Activity
    -1 HOF Point for remove an activity post 1 time
    Share
  • Activity
    -1 HOF Point for remove an activity post 1 time
    Share
  • Activity
    -1 HOF Point for remove an activity post 1 time
    Share
  • Activity
    -1 HOF Point for remove an activity post 1 time
    Share
  • Activity
    -1 HOF Point for remove an activity post 1 time
    Share
  • Activity
    -1 HOF Point for remove an activity post 1 time
    Share
  • Activity
    -1 HOF Point for remove an activity post 1 time
    Share
  • Activity
    -1 HOF Point for remove an activity post 1 time
    Share
  • Load More

People Who Like Thisx

Loading...

People Who viewed ThisX