Greg Martens
FounderFirst Concert Attended:
My first concert was KISS in Augusta, ME in 1976. I was 13. I went with Scott Pike, who had a car and was old enough to buy me beer.
Favorite Concert Memory:
Best story — and I’ll make it short. I was taken to Vince Welnick’s dressing room with the Grateful Dead in 1992 in Oakland. Someone suggested that this was where I could come every night to roll joints, so I did.
It wasn’t enough for me just to be in the dressing room. Vince was playing a bunch of Beatles songs, and I kept nagging him and nagging him: ‘You’ve gotta play “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.”’
I’d bring friends back at set break to meet Vince, and my friends were like, ‘Man, ease up on him.’ And I’d say, ‘That’s not how you get anything done — by easing up.’
So one night Vince said, ‘Well, I don’t have the sheet MUSIC.’ So I went and got it the next day and gave it to him. I said, ‘Now you have to play it.’
And on St. Patrick’s Day 1993 in Landover, Maryland, they brought out a music stand for Jerry. and I always wondered if that was my sheet music on it — that's the first time they ever played “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.”
So yes, I got the Grateful Dead to play “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.” LSD.
-
Activity
Greg Martens earned 3 Fan Points 11 months ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens changed their profile photo 12 months ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens changed their profile photo 12 months ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens added 13 Photos a year ago
-
Great shot!
-
-
Activity
Greg Martens added 6 Photos a year ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens added 15 Photos a year ago
-
the night I almost had to punch Carottop
-
the night I almost had to punch Carrot Top
-
-
Activity
Greg Martens added 91 Photos a year ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens added 22 Photos a year ago
-
IMG_0576
-
HORDE
-
BT
-
BSP_GD_Chicago_Soldier_Field_1995
-
BSP_GD_Chicago_07-09-95
-
BSP_CATS
-
BS_GD_06-29-1992_Deer_Creek_Music_Center_Noblesville_IN
-
BS_GD_06-25-1992_Soldier_Field_Chicago
-
BS_GD_06-23-1992_Star_Lake_Amphitheater_Burgettstown_PA
-
BS_GD_06-20-1992_RFK_Stadium_Washington_DC
-
BS_GD_06-11-1992_Knickerbocker_Arena_Albany_NY
-
BS_GD_03-14-1993_Richfield_Coliseum_Richfield_OH
- …
-
-
Members
Greg Martens changed their cover photo a year ago
-
Members
Greg Martens changed their cover photo a year ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens lost 1 Fan Point a year ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens changed their profile photo a year ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens posted an update a year ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens posted an update a year ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens posted an update a year ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens posted an update a year ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens posted an update a year ago
-
Activity
Greg Martens posted an update a year ago
-
Blogs
Greg Martens posted a new post. a year ago
Darkstar Orchestra Concert Poster
Darkstar Orchestra
@ The Fillmore
San Francisco, CA
October 4-6, 2007
Designer: Dave Hunter
13″ x 19″
F-894
Original First Printing!
The Fillmore is a historic music venue in […] -
Blogs
Greg Martens posted a new post. a year ago
The Black Crowes Concert Poster
The Black Crowes
@ The Fillmore
San Francisco, CA
December 19, 2010
Designer: Alan Forbes
13″ x 19″
F-1077
Original First Printing!
The Fillmore is a historic music venue in […] - Load More
